Attorney Kevin B. Gibbs
Certified Family Law Specialist
My name is Kevin B. Gibbs, and I have been serving Southern California residents with representation and counsel in the field of family law since I graduated from the Western State University College of Law with my juris doctorate in 1993.
About Board Certification in California
For the past 20 years, family and divorce law is the only kind of law I have practiced. Because of my singular dedication to the practice of family law, I pursued my board certification in 2001. Now, I am certified as a family law specialist by the California State Bar's Board of Legal Specialization.
To be certified, a lawyer must pass a written exam and also demonstrate experience in trials, hearings, and appeals in a wide range of family law matters. Fewer than 10 percent of the family law attorneys in California have met the certification requirements of the state bar. Certification is your assurance of a lawyer's legal knowledge and experience. Only lawyers who are certified have the right to call themselves specialists in their legal field.
Additional Roles Served in California Courts
As an Orange County divorce lawyer, I am a member of the State Bar of California, the California State Bar Association, the Orange County and Los Angeles County Bar Associations, and the Orange County and California Associations of Marriage and Family Therapists. I am on the board of directors at the Center for Individual and Family Therapy and served as president of the Western State College of Law Alumni Association from 1999 to 2000.
I currently serve as an adjunct professor at the graduate program of the California School of Forensic Studies. I have provided expert testimony in court, published cases, provided seminar lectures for continuing legal education conferences, and served as a court-appointed special master regarding family law issues.
Because I have dedicated my career to serving men and women who face complex and challenging divorce and family law disputes in the state of California, I am confident that I have the ability and preparation necessary to help you resolve your case with the least amount of stress possible. Why wait to secure the representation you deserve? Contact my Orange County law office today to schedule your free case evaluation.
- State Bar of California, 1993
- Western State University College of Law - Juris Doctorate, 1993
- California State University, Fullerton - Bachelor of Arts, 1984
Certifications and Affiliations:
- Certified Family Law Specialist since 2001 - Certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Board of Directors, Center for Individual and Family Therapy
- Member of the Orange County and California Associations of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Member of the California State Bar Association
- Member of the Orange County and Los Angeles County Bar Associations
- Adjunct Professor, California School of Forensic Studies graduate program
- Included in list of Super Lawyers for 2014, 2015, and 2016