TRUSTED IN ORANGE COUNTY FOR OVER 25 YEARS IN FAMILY LAW
My name is Kevin B. Gibbs, and I have been serving Southern California residents with representation and counsel in the field of family law since I graduated from the Western State University College of Law with my juris doctorate in 1993.
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE BOARD CERTIFIED IN FAMILY LAW
For the past 25 years, I have only focused on legal matters involving family law and divorce. Because of my dedication to this area, I pursued my board certification in 2001. Now, I am certified as a family law specialist by the California State Bar's Board of Legal Specialization.
To be certified, a lawyer must pass a written exam and also demonstrate experience in trials, hearings, and appeals in a wide range of family law matters. Fewer than 10% family law attorneys in California have met the certification requirements of the state bar. Certification is your assurance of a lawyer's legal knowledge and experience. Only lawyers who are certified have the right to call themselves specialists in their legal field.
ADDITIONAL ROLES SERVED IN CALIFORNIA COURTS
I am a member of the:
- State Bar of California
- California State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County and California Associations of Marriage and Family Therapists
I am on the board of directors at the Center for Individual and Family Therapy and served as president of the Western State College of Law Alumni Association from 1999 to 2000.
I currently serve as an adjunct professor at the graduate program of the California School of Forensic Studies. I have provided expert testimony in court, published cases, provided seminar lectures for continuing legal education conferences, and served as a court-appointed special master regarding family law issues.
Because I have dedicated my career to serving men and women who face complex and challenging divorce and family law disputes in the state of California, I am confident that I have the ability and preparation necessary to help you resolve your case with the least amount of stress possible.
CERTIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS:
- Certified Family Law Specialist since 2001 - Certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Board of Directors, Center for Individual and Family Therapy
- Member of the Orange County and California Associations of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Member of the California State Bar Association
- Member of the Orange County and Los Angeles County Bar Associations
- Adjunct Professor, California School of Forensic Studies graduate program
- Included in list of Super Lawyers for 2014, 2015, and 2016