Californians Can Now Pay Child Support at 7-Eleven

Starting this month, Californians with child support payments will now have an even more convenient way of making their payments. Early this August, the California Department of Child Support Services debuted PayNearMe, a new option available for parents shopping at 7-Eleven.

As Times-Herald News reports, PayNearMe will now be available at 1,600 7-Eleven locations throughout California. During a two month test run over June and July, PayNearMe was used to make 164 cash payments in Fresno County, all totaling $38,623. Along with California, PayNearMe testing also occurred in Florida, Nevada, Washington, and Oregon.

"Supporting their children is the responsibility of every parent. Making it easier and more convenient for parents is our responsibility," director of the California Department of Child Support Services, Alisha Griffin said. "Now, with the two cash pay services in retail stores throughout the state, we are helping even more customers where they live and work."

A New Way to Pay

PayNearMe is the second cash pay child support program officials have debuted this year. The first was "MoneyGram," which was rolled out in January 2015. Since then, MoneyGram has been used to collect $2.4 million in cash payments.

While the idea of paying for child support at a 7-Eleven may sound odd, the convenience of these programs will not only benefit more families and children, but also give parents with child support payments more options to pay and avoid any infractions.

Are you facing a divorce? If so, your choice in counsel can have a direct effect on the results of your case. At Kevin B. Gibbs, APLC, I have devoted my firm to family law and have helped countless clients navigate this uncertain time in their lives. I bring experienced and Board Certified legal insight to my clients needs, ensure their voices are heard, and that their concerns are considered throughout every step of the divorce process.

Retain a proven Orange County divorce attorney ready to fight for you. Contact my firm today for a free case evaluation.